Squash! You cook it all the same (except spaghetti squash, which I've never tried).
Usually I make "Roasted Squash With Sausage and Apples," which is a little concoction I'd like to say I invented. I basically roast the squash (halved) in the oven for an hour, and I make a "rice stuffing" by browning some sausage (I like it sweet), setting it aside, then sauteeing in the same pan an onion, some celery, a Granny Smith apple (diced), and some herbs (whatever you like: thyme, rosemary, oregano). Mix the meat and veggies into some hot cooked rice and serve it over (or beside) the squash. Adjust the flavors to your liking.
I'm sure it will be "out of this world."
(I'm getting hungry now!)
Merr
(P.S. the link to my blog on your sidebar is incorrect for some reason; must have a typo somewhere. Not that I've updated my blog recently or anything...I'll have to get right on that...)
FYI--Enoch purchased some canning jars and we're planning to make green tomato relish--Our first time canning! Wish us luck! (You're still not off the hook--I'm getting my hopes up for next summer...)
You're right, Merr...I had http://http:// at the beginning of the link. All better now :D Thank you! Sounds yummy...got to get some more apples first. I did make soup with one of the squash, a variation of my Tortilla soup. Very tastey!
3 comments:
Squash! You cook it all the same (except spaghetti squash, which I've never tried).
Usually I make "Roasted Squash With Sausage and Apples," which is a little concoction I'd like to say I invented. I basically roast the squash (halved) in the oven for an hour, and I make a "rice stuffing" by browning some sausage (I like it sweet), setting it aside, then sauteeing in the same pan an onion, some celery, a Granny Smith apple (diced), and some herbs (whatever you like: thyme, rosemary, oregano). Mix the meat and veggies into some hot cooked rice and serve it over (or beside) the squash. Adjust the flavors to your liking.
I'm sure it will be "out of this world."
(I'm getting hungry now!)
Merr
(P.S. the link to my blog on your sidebar is incorrect for some reason; must have a typo somewhere. Not that I've updated my blog recently or anything...I'll have to get right on that...)
FYI--Enoch purchased some canning jars and we're planning to make green tomato relish--Our first time canning! Wish us luck! (You're still not off the hook--I'm getting my hopes up for next summer...)
You're right, Merr...I had http://http:// at the beginning of the link. All better now :D Thank you!
Sounds yummy...got to get some more apples first. I did make soup with one of the squash, a variation of my Tortilla soup. Very tastey!
Post a Comment