Canning, canning, canning. I wasn't going to bother this year...what with trying to put extra stuff into storage and declutter before listing the house. Alas! I couldn't help myself, with thoughts of this tight, penny-pinching economy added to the wish for tastey canned goods--who wants to eat store bought if you don't havta?!
I can if I want to :)
Plus the garden is bountiful...
Peaches and pears from Frisbee Orchard in Emmett.
Pears in the water bath...
They will be yummy!
I can--therefore I am...
2 comments:
Oh, yes you CAN! My mouth is watering. It's times like these when I wish we weren't so far from each other. We've been cooking down our tomatoes into nice sauces and freezing them, but we're running out of freezer space. Wish I knew how to can. What are your plans for next summer? Wanna come teach your little sis how to can? You've got a year to consider it... I'll even grow whatever you like. As long as it's beets and tomatoes.
I would love to! Don't think I've canned beets...but we grew them when we first got married. Cooked 'em, ate 'em, and thought we were dying when we saw pink in the toilet! Love those fresh veggies!
Post a Comment