16 September 2009

Busy Days

Now we are busy tearing out dark panelling, old carpets, mudding and sanding drywall (under dark panelling), then on to prime-ing and texture. We bought Behr paint at Home Depot, because it has primer in it as well (otherwise, we would be adding more primer after the texture--this saves a step). The color is "Sandie Pecan" for the hallways, dining, living and master. The girls have chosen colors similar to their old bedrooms (turqoise and orange).

These pictures I sent to facebook from my cell phone (not sure why they are so small here...)

The right front gate (its a horseshoe driveway...)

Front yard looking southwest...
Backyard
The shop--aka the man cave...



Ron taking down panelling.

Fireplace and built-in...hmmm

Kitchen fluorescents...oi vay, everybody!
Sanding makes us gray faster!!!
and behind the fluorescent lights...carpenter ants! Death to the pests!

Fanatics at the pre-season Seahawks vs. Bronco game :D


First day at Coupeville High School

Looking north up North View Road you can see the water and Fidalgo Island (I think...)


The family at the turn-around (the end of Hastie Lake Road). We like to stop here and smell the ocean and take pictures :D


One of many glorious sunsets in the San Juans...

<3

5 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks for all the pictures. We sure do miss you guys. You all look happy though! :) Hope to see you soon in November! :)
Beth

Merrilee Stevenson said...

Yay! A new blog post! Can't wait to see more progress. (Check to see that you have selected medium or large for your photo size when you're adding photos.)

Miss you too! Wondering when you'll be coming eastward again...(and I don't mean Idaho.)

Love you,
Merr

Kelly said...

It sure does look like you've got plenty to keep you busy there! I'm sure it's going to look great when you guys get done with it! Hope to see it soon! :)

toni said...

Beth, we're soooo happy you guys are coming to visit!! Can't wait!

Merr, thank you--seems like they always come up large, so I don't really check...until now! I'd love another cross-country driving vacation...will have to take a straw poll first ;)

Kelly, "..see it," as in personally or on facebook and here??

Beth said...

Yeah! We are leaving Tuesday when I get done with school around 4pm. Then we'll see how the weather is to see when we will get to your place. We'll call though.

love you! Beth