12 July 2009

House hunting on Whidbey Island

We've landed in Oak Harbor, Washington! Staying with Josh and Mishal, bless their hearts!! House hunting feels very limited...coming from a depressed housing market to a more stable naval community. But we're looking. Or I'm looking, while Ron learns the ropes at Papa Murphy's...then he follows along to whatever I've found.

Here's the top contenders so far...(go to http://www.century21trophy.com/ and enter the MLS#s)


MLS #29094178 address is 1463 W. Oldtimer, Oak Harbor

and MLS #29068458 at 1339 Northview, Oak Harbor
Both need fixing up, but have nice trees and elbow room. Check 'em out, and vote here :)
This one may be sloping into the cove...but this neighborhood has a private beach with lots of seashells and sandollars! Its a jungle all around the house.

MLS#28042047 305 Rhodena, Coupeville

5 comments:

Merrilee Stevenson said...

Tough choices! They all look like they need a lot of work, but I can see the potential. The farmer in me likes #2 because it looks like it has good garden potential and that great work shop. The cook and socialite likes the kitchen and the back patio of #1, although they were a bit happy with the wood paneling on the walls. Number three I'm guessing you'd be perhaps building on the property? So, it's tough to vote for that--not knowing what that would look like. So if I have to decide, I'm going with number 2, but I'd be clearing some trees for a nice sunny patch for gardening.

toni said...

And number two it is! Yeay!

Merrilee Stevenson said...

Hooray! When can we come visit?

Merrilee Stevenson said...

Bummer. I tried to go back and look at the photos on the Century 21 site, but once the house is in negotiations, I guess they take it off. I'm fully expecting lots of photos in the future, though.

toni said...

There's more pictures on facebook :D