So, we drove an hour to Lincoln, Nebraska, and stopped for a very short visit with a friend I hadn't seen in over 20 years, Sue (Rutherford) Meckel. It was fun to see her and her three kids(her husband was working). Then we had to hurry up and get to the baseball game...in Kansas City, Missouri. I think that was a little over three hours of driving.
We stayed at the Clarion Sports Complex just across the freeway from the Kansas City Royals stadium, which is next to the Kansas City Chief's stadium. (If the disposable pictures turn out, I'll add the shot from our room.) We arrived as soon as they opened the gates, to catch some fly balls from the opposing team's batting practice. That would be the Chicago White Sox. I brought my baseball glove too. (Because after trying to catch a Garrett Anderson home run without a glove, I know how long it hurts later.) Anyway, it helps to have a couple of young, cute blonde girls in the stands for the players to chuck one into the stands for. So we got two baseballs from that game.
It was a very pleasant evening for a baseball game. The White Sox won that game 7-4. I took some cute pictures with my new cell phone too...which was lost and/or stolen just last week...so, still no pictures to add yet. After the game was over and the fans heading out, they played, "Going to Kansas City."
No comments:
Post a Comment