27 October 2008

Holly's Baptism

Holly and eleven others were baptized on Sunday evening...



Pastor Dave baptized most of the kids. The boys went first...Tyler, Jared, Max and Nathan




Then the girls...Emily, Gabi, Kiersten and Holly



Sharing her faith and when she first believed and invited Jesus into her life...Baptism doesn't save people, but it is a symbol of what Jesus is doing in our hearts. We want to follow His example and show others that we are His disciples.



"I indeed baptize you with water because of repentance. But He Who is coming after me is mightier than I, Whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire." Matthew 3:11



Peter answered them, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and your children, and to all that are far away, even to as many as the Lord our God invites and bids to come to Himself." Acts 2:38-39



Then the last four with Pastor Randy...Christine, Orianna, James and Mike



Lots of happy handshakes and congratulations afterward...Great job, Holly!



"Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you all the days to the very close and consummation of the age. Amen." Matthew 28:19-20

2 comments:

Merrilee Stevenson said...

Praise the Lord for this act of obedience! It's hard to describe the positive feeling of knowing that my siblings' kids are following the Lord; congratulations just doesn't seem to be the right word here. And since salvation is of the Lord, it's really He who deserves the glory! Still, we're pleased and encouraged to see you honor Him with your life, and pray you will continue to do so!

brenda sue said...

Holly, I'm proud of you...as always and thankful to the Lord for His gift of Salvation to you and me. Thanks for letting me be a part of your baptism thru pictures. Your a beautiful girl, inside and out! love you....auntie bren