Here's our happy little orange girl carving a happy face on a pumpkin (Amy was off helping at a Pony Party at the fairground)...
but before she finished, she was complaining that she had a headache and her eyes hurt... Ah, not from crossing them though...
I was reading one of our Roman history novels, so we moved to the living room so she could lay down. I finished reading and headed to fold laundry. A little later I heard, "Mom...?" Poor little pastey thing was shivering all over and teeth rattling (Amy likes that word, better than chattering). I got her into bed, and resumed the laundry. Then I got to thinking I should give her some liquid ibuprofin (no kid wants to swallow a pill in our house). But she wanted ice water and her tummy ached. I got her to sit up, then she was real still for a moment, then made a bee line to the bathroom to retch up her lunch...I told you this was a gruesome tale!
Well, she took her medicine, and felt a little better after Papa came home, although still feeling hot and cold. So we stayed home, and ate our own candy (we weren't planning on being at home to hand it out anyway) and watched, "Transformers." The first half started out really good, funny and lots of action, then sort of droned on to the end.
Today, I'm baking up the pumpkin, to puree, freeze, and use for pies later. And that's the end of our Spooky Halloween...
Here's one more picture for Grandma Chris to see how the tumblers she gave us have been put to good use. Jerina gave me
No comments:
Post a Comment